By Martha Jacob –
The excitement continues to grow in the Village of Ripley as the Ripley River Village Christmas event draws closer, set for Friday, Dec. 9, Saturday, Dec. 10 and Sunday, Dec. 11.
Homes throughout the village will be decked out for the event as well as for the holidays. Residents have been picking up free greens courtesy of the RVC Committee, and can be picked up through Thanksgiving.
A brief recap of just some of the events available during the Ripley River Village Christmas include:
• Make a donation of household goods, clothing or a gift item for those in need at The Ripley Assembly of God on Sunday (513) 427-0633;
• Christmas Tree lighting at 5 p.m. on Friday at the Library;
• Harriett Groh performing at 7:30 p.m. at Cohearts Riverhouse Restaurant Friday night;
• Santa will be at First State Bank from 9 a.m. to noon;
• Donuts and Danish with coffee and other treats Saturday morning at Citizens Deposit Bank;
•Rockin’ Robin’s pancake and sausage breakfast 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday;
• St. Michael’s Rosary Alter Society’s annual bake sale at Rockin’ Robbins;
• Olde Piano Factory Antique Mall open on Saturday;
• LuLu’s Suds at the Church of the Nazarene Craft Bazaar on Saturday;
• Special events at Judith’s Attic Antique, The Ripley Church of the Nazarene, Friends of the Library Book Sale and Old Barn Primitives Shop offering free fudge.
• Tiny’s Shop store wide Christmas Sale, River Valley Antique Mall, Clarcy’s Embroidery and Crafts, The Ohio Valley Manor Gift Shop;
• Ripley Museum Angel Tree and Holiday exhibits;
• Historic St. Michael Church featuring newly restored murals;
• Santa will visit the Tobacco Museum on Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m.;
• Community Concert Saturday night at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church;
• Ripley Heritage will host a Christmas Candlelight House Tour on Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m.
• All new this year is the “Sing-Off” set for Sunday afternoon, sponsored by the GFWC Ripley Women’s Club, Jeff Groh, and Songs for all Occasions, Harriett Groh. The ‘Sing-Off” is open to anyone regardless of age is eligible to participate.
To learn more about the Ripley River Village Christmas, please contact Fred Dengler at (937) 392-4576.