By Martha Jacob –
Members of the Ripley River Village Christmas Committee have hit the ground running and are busy making preparations for this year’s Ripley River Village Christmas.
This year’s event which will be held the second weekend in December will include many of the old favorites like the community concert to take place at 7 p.m. on Dec. 10.
All new this year will be a Christmas Talent Show coordinated by the very talented Harriett Groh. For more information on the talent show please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone interested in participating in this year’s event please send your information to email@example.com or call (937) 392-4576.
Other events planned for this year’s Ripley River Village Christmas that were part of the 2015 RVC will include:
• Friends of the Library Tree Lighting with music
• RULH music department singing Christmas Carols
• JROTC Color Guard presentation with Clark Castle giving the invocation
• Friends of the Library Book Sale
• Co-Hearts River House Restaurant to host a Christmas Event with dinner and entertainment from Harriett Groh
• 5K Jingle Run/Walk
• Pancake breakfast at the Ripley Life Squad building
• Santa at First State Bank .The Rosary Altar Society Bake Sale at Rockin Robins
• Church of the Nazarene crafter sale
• Ripley Museum will be open featuring the Victorian Christmas display and Angel Tree
• Shops for treats and specials, the Christmas Store at the Ripley Florist and Bristow’s
• Carriage Rides, photo booth, and much, much more.
The RVC Committee would like to promote a Church Tour during this year’s event and is looking for more information from local churches.