By Martha Jacob
Tim Brown, instrumental music teacher at Ripley-Union Lewis-Huntington High School is the director of the upcoming musical, “Shrek” at Ripley High School.
He is busy with rehearsals along with assistant director Jessica Kahrs.
“Everyone’s favorite ogre is back in the hilarious stage spectacle based on the Oscar-winning smash hit film, Shrek,” Brown said. “It’s a “big, bright, beautiful world” in this production. The musical is based on the DreamWorks animation film.”
The show is scheduled for Friday, May 13 at 7 p.m., Saturday, May 14 at 7 p.m. and on Sunday May 15 at 2 p.m. Tickets for the production are only $8 for adults, $5 for students and is free to kids 10 and under.
The cast of the show features:
• Timothy Hawkins as Shrek
• Savannah Shiveley as Fiona
• Jacob Miller as Donkey
• Cain Kendrick as Lord Farquaad
• Cassandra Volk as Pinocchio
• Sam Titus, Devin Whaley and Rebecka Volk as the three bears
• Shelbie Bowen, Shallyn Mussinan and MaKenna Johnson as the three pigs
• Taylor Sandlin as Mama Ogre/Gingy
• Leanna Cluxton as young Fiona
• Becca Turner as ugly duckling/teen Fiona
• Joseph Blum as big bad wolf
• Charles Love as Captain of the guard;
• Maci Haitz as Pied Piper, as well as fairy tale characters, guards, Duloc dancers and dancing mice.
“We are especially excited to have a special appearance by Harriet Groh as the dragon and James Gilkison as the Bishop,” Brown said.
“This is a fun story that takes place in a faraway Kingdom where the green ogre Shrek finds his swamp invaded by banished fairy tale misfits, runaways who have been cast off the Lord Farquaad, a tiny terror with big ambitions.
“When Shrek sets off with a wise-cracking donkey to confront Farquaad, e’s handed a task…if he rescues a feisty Princess Fiona from the dragon-guarded tower, his swamp will be returned to him.
Brown continued, “The acting is great, and this should be a spectacular event. We would like to invite everyone from the community out to in joy it.